At JCS we ensure that sexual harassment is prohibited, prevented, and eliminated. Any form of sexual harassment is not tolerated and will be subject to punishment according to law. We are committed to creating a campus free from discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual assault at all levels and to create awareness about what constitutes sexual harassment at all levels.
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting harmony among students and employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment of women and ensure support to the victim and termination of the culprit.
- Recommend appropriate stern action against the guilty to the chairperson.
Procedure to approach the committee
The committee deals with issues relating to sexual harassment at DMS Mandal’s Jyoti Central School. It is applicable to all students and staff.
* The complaint may be lodged by the victim or third party.
* A written complaint may be addressed to the convenor of the committee.
* If the complaint is made to any of the committee members, they may forward it to the convenor of the Committee Against Sexual Harassment.
* The students may feel to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in the box provided.
* The grievance cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time provided by the committee.
* In case of any grievance the members of ICC are empowered to sort the problems at their level through discussion counseling with students.
* Considering the nature and depth of the grievance, the due inquiry is made by the members of ICC and through discussion, the matter is solved. If anybody is found guilty for any kind of nuisance, immediate action is taken by the School Management Committee.
The ICC shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions with regard to fellowship, fee concession, medals, etc.
- Decisions made by the school with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions by the competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Sexual harassment can be defined as `Unwelcome sexually determined behavior whether directly or by implication’ as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand and request for a sexual favor
- Sexually colored remarks
- Showing pornography
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The following points also come under sexual harassment and are covered by the committee.
- Unsavory remarks
- Jokes causing awkwardness or embarrassment
- Innuendos and taunts
- Gender-based remarks or insults
- Touching or brushing any part of the body and the like
- Displaying offensive pictures, cartoons, pamphlets, or sayings.
- Sonal A. Soudagar
- Madhuri Chavan
- Savita Munnolkar
- Minal Desai
- Neeta Sulgekar
- Anita Bhosale